Read Latest News in Tax Preparation

How do I help my relative become a US permanent resident

Tax preparation, Immigration services in Middle Tennessee - How do I help my relative become a US permanent resident | Tax Leaders Inc
If you have a relative living in another in another country who wants to immigrate to the united states, you might be wondering what you can do to help. You may also be rightfully confused about what steps need to be taken.

Given the size and scope of your endeavor, this is understandable. The process is long, somewhat arbitrary, and aggressively bureaucratic. Not to worry. Over the next few posts, we'll be going over some of the forms and requirements you need to be aware of.

First up is form I-30. It's proper name is "Petition for Alien Relative. This is the first to fill out when sponsoring a relative to move to the United States. It can be found at the USCIS website. The person filling out the form is the "Petitioner", and the person you fill it out for is called the "Beneficiary".

The information you'll need is pretty basic. Personal information about yourself and the person you're petitioning for. This includes your names, addresses, place of birth, and information about the beneficiary's family (spouse, children, etc.). Filling out the form isn't the hard part here. As of 2017, the filing fee is $535 per petition, and one must be filled out for every person you intend to petition for, so be prepared for that.

Coming up next month in our immigration series is form I-485, so check back, and remember that it never hurts to get some help from a professional when starting the immigration process.

Let us know at Tax Leaders Inc if we can help you with your immigration process easier.
Call today 615-867-5009